Monday, January 21, 2013

Music matters.




Music is a driver. I'm actually on the bike right now blog posting from my phone and I felt compelled to share what music does for me. I'm thankful for this crazy alien technology we have been blessed to have in our generation. Our ability to connect with many and spread positive messages with each other is something I value highly.

So, Music. For a young athlete I can't express the value of music enough. Music mattering is applicable and directed to everyone, but I believe it's purpose in athletics is vital and should be held higher. I really think that all young athletes should be encouraged to listen to music that they connect with in order to help them nurture the ability to dig as deep as they can when they are going after something. This is most relative to being in the gym for me.

Music that I connect with allows me to tap into adrenaline that I don't believe I would sometimes other wise have. Regardless, it makes me go so much harder in a workout and helps me to greatly increase my ability to focus on the reason I am here in the first place. It's presence is undeniably necessary for me to feel fulfilled during a Get Better session.

My goal in this life is to stay driven to improve EVEryday. Prioritizing my health as much as I can and staying on a quest to continually optimize what I put into it and how I treat it has been the most valuable skill I have acquired since becoming a baseball player.

Music's integration into my routines has propelled me greatly in states of sluggishness and laziness. Not only that it has made me feel amazing at times during workouts when I would have felt like quitting. When a beat drops or a certain lyric comes on that I connect with deeply it almost feels like electricity suddenly pumps in my blood and no matter what I will push as hard as I can and finish whatever I set out to finish. Sometimes it's the lyrics and sometimes it's just a ridiculous beat that hits you...either way it is like fuel...and if you desire to get stronger, faster, more passionate, and more focused...mentally and physically...get some great music that you connect with; make it a priority now.

Thanks for reading.

-Isaac

www.isaachessbaseball.com

No comments:

Post a Comment