Thursday, May 24, 2012

Get your mind right, EVEryday!

So you love baseball, you are ready to work hard, and you want to be a better pitcher? Well I'm glad your here. In this blog I aspire to give you tips to constantly improve your game...from the inside out.

They say baseball is 90% and the other half is physical...or something like that. Well, I can tell you that that is an accurate statement. If you believe in yourself and your ability and you think you can compete at the next level, then you better get your mind right.

How do I get my mind right, you ask? You check-in. Check-in with yourself and your purpose. Why are doing this? Is it just because you see that the lifestyle of a big leaguer is full of fame and money and because they get to play a game for a living? If that is the case then you need to step back. All that stuff is good and grand, but it comes with a lot of sacrifice. Most guys that make it to the big leagues sacrifice everything to get there, and all of the guys that I've played with that have big league experience all say it is everything you can dream it up to be and the sacrifice is worth it.

Put yourself ahead of all the other guys out there that think making it to the show is only about physical ability l, because that couldn't be further from the truth. There are a handful of freaks in the league that have amazing god given ability...then there are the truckloads that all have their own stories and paths of how they made it. So check-in all the time, EVEryday. Figure out what makes your blood pump, makes you excited to get out of bed, makes you appreciate that hug from your mom or your girlfriend more. For me, baseball has been the portal in which I have been blessed to use in order to maintain focus in my life. It is what helps me attack my goals with a vigor that is unmatched by anyone else in my realm. Checking in EVEryday has kept me inspired to continue.

Keep checking in with this blog and I will keep providing you with tips on how to become a better pitcher, mentally and physically. I have began with the mental aspect because knowing your purpose and having a strong foundation will make you separate yourself from the pack, regardless of your current level of ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment